Sunday, June 20, 2021

Mira N Mataric

Summer Dream


I wake up suddenly

from the la-la land of sleep

after a beautiful dream.

 

My room is dark.

as I look around

and see nothing.

But can’t let it rest.

I have to see something.

If nothing else, my ceiling.

as I focus on it. Wow.

suddenly it seems to come alive

like a whole other world

of soft pastel colors

and dim shadows

dancing joyful in patterns

Oh, there is so much to see!

My ceiling has awakened too

into a whole new world.

Is it possible that I had it

all this time without knowing?

 

A powerful aroma captures me

and envelops all of my senses

I don’t think I am ready for this

but I am getting lost in it…

I want…I want…In my mind is

a picture of an endless ocean.

with water clear as it can be…

In it another life, big and small,

visible now like never before.

Oh, I am jumping and swimming

in this astonishing but different life,

much richer than any other

I have ever known.

 

I have always belonged here

just never knew.

Swim…swim…this must be

my true world.

No need to swim just give myself

to the current.

It will carry me to where I belong.

 

 

Summer Wish


The summer day is singing

in the branches of the old oak tree

the sun’s rays gently caress the

colorful blossoms in flowerbeds

a shimmer of light reflected off

the glimmering surface of the river

as mothers gather with their children

in the cool shade of that old tree.

 

If only I could visit you

on such a bright summer day

in the splendor of my native city,

to just pass by your window

and see your familiar smile

although I already know

I would not see you

I could not see you

not anymore.

 

To just walk past like long ago

when I knew you were there

I too was very much there,

to feel again what I felt then…

but nothing is the same

nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eileen Carole

Summer Soundscape Summer sounds, day and night Flocks of birds darting in the sky Wings flapping as the group flows Left and right in a patt...